Saturday, January 9, 2010

My Latest Obsession...



Heeled oxfords! Now, I know I'm kind of late to jump on this bandwagon, but browsing through the online shops, I've recently struck gold! Blame it on the single perfect pair I found perhaps a few weeks ago that spurred the whole search. Before this pair, I used to think of heeled oxfords as these really horrid, chunky, overperforated creatures, but I was obviously proven wrong! They were pretty much the kind you would find at Kohl's or what used to be Mervyns, a far cry from those with the perfect 2" heel and made with richly dyed leather. I'd always see them in the store, those 90's renditions, yick! I'm talking about the ugly pieces of shit made to look like lethal weapons with either the overly chunky heel or the too-spindly-it-hurts-to-walk stiletto one. Anyhow, I'm really digging the vintage look when it comes to heeled oxfords, they will truly knock you out in a good sort of way.



This first pair is the beautiful vintage inspired ones I found at a decent price on the web. You can buy them brand new on the Seychelles website for a lot cheaper than you can on the Urban Outfitters site. I love the structured heel. These shoes are like the epitome of what it means to be an oxford. I want to be an oxford too!

Now here are a few pairs I found off of some vintage websites. Practically everywhere you look you can find a pair for a reasonable price, which is great!














Overall, I'm really into the nude colored oxfords and the really dark, saturated tones. Get 'em while they're hot!




No comments:

Post a Comment