Friday, January 15, 2010

Plaids

I was reading this magazine the other day and there was this funny section that tells you whether you should wear a certain style, keep it, or store it away for next season, and just couldn't believe my eyes when I saw plaid on the list that should be stored away. Apparently it is "IN" no more! Can someone please tell me is there anything wrong with looking a bit like Little House on the Prairie?! Well, I can almost dig that look. Plaid is so timeless though. And versatile to say the least, coming from a true tartan addict. I'd eat gingham every day for breakfast if it wasn't so lacking in nutrition! Anyways, I must own over 10 articles of plaid. 10 articles and still shopping. Dresses and shirts, mostly. Seeing plaid on the runway was one of my biggest inspirations. I know this is a lame post after forgetting to do so for the past what, two days? Anyhow, this is a tribute to plaid. Here are some of my favorite pictures incorporating plaid into the mix.

I'm not the biggest fan of this type of plaid, but there's something about Enid that makes it work. I lovvvvvve Enid!


Mary-Kate Olsen makes grunge look really simple. She barely pulls off this tied around the waist look.



Of course, you gotta love Dolce and Gabbana's plaid ads that came out a while ago.


Sadly, I couldn't dig up any good plaid from Alexander McQueen or more importantly Vivienne Westwood, but you get my point! I love plaid! And it will always live on!

No comments:

Post a Comment